ANN: time-extras 1.1.4

Yitzchak Gale gale at sefer.org
Sun Dec 27 16:43:16 EST 2009

On Wed, Dec 23, 2009 at 10:45 AM, Ashley Yakeley <ashley at semantic.org> wrote:
> time-extras 1.1.4 contains Data instances for types defined in time-1.1.4.
> They are in a separate package because they require RankNTypes, which is not
> Haskell 2010.

Nice!

It may be a bit late, but in my opinion you might consider changing the
package name for future versions. Time is fundamental, ubiquitous,
and yet quite complex. There are innumerable ways in which the time
package is likely to be extended. Personally, I almost never use syb.
Data instances are probably the last thing I would expect to find in
a package called "time-extras". So to me this seems like a rather
peculiar way to use up such a generic name.

Thanks,
Yitz