containers + cabal-install 0.8.0 issues?

Michael Snoyman michael at
Tue Dec 22 15:15:01 EST 2009

When trying to compile containers- with cabal-install 0.8.0, I get
the following:

    Could not find module `Data.Data':
      It is a member of the hidden package `base'.
      Perhaps you need to add `base' to the build-depends in your .cabal
      Use -v to see a list of the files searched for.

This does not occur when I install using the Setup.hs included with
containers. Also, if I put a version range on base in containers.cabal (I
tried >= 4 && < 5), it also works just fine.

Any chance of getting a containers- released with a version range on