Recommendation for the procedure to add platform packages
igloo at earth.li
Mon Aug 24 19:18:26 EDT 2009
On Sun, Aug 23, 2009 at 08:31:17PM +0100, Duncan Coutts wrote:
> Passing all requirements would be the
> criteria for inclusion.
I would say "Passing all requirements would be sufficient for
inclusion", but we may decide to include packages that don't meet all
> * That the policy document itself is too long and too detailed.
> That it anticipates eventualities that may or may not arise in
> That the overall length is a problem because it is off-putting,
> with the danger that people simply will not read it.
Right. I was admittedly reading it at ~2am, but IIRC the way I read it
* Hmm, the widget on the scrollbar is very small. Reading this is going
to take a while.
* Drag widget down a bit. See "[note-6.3]". Hmm, jumping up and down
between the text and all the notes is really going to break the flow
if I try and read it properly.
* Drag widget down more. See sections like "Acceptance", "Proposal
content" and "Package requirements", not realising I was looking at
* Drag widget down more, and see the "Achieving consensus" major
section. Boggle at the size as compared to the library submissions
* Read a little text, probably from the early "Procedure" section.
By contrast, I would probably have read this:
If you do want to keep the rationale in the same document then making it
non-JS browsers, but be very verbose in them).
> Ian, is this a fair summary? Is there anything I've missed that I didn't
> address specifically in the previous email?
Yes, I think it's a fair summary and covers everything.
More information about the Libraries