(no subject)

Ian Lynagh igloo at earth.li
Thu Aug 13 19:39:01 EDT 2009

On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 08:33:24PM -0400, roconnor at theorem.ca wrote:
> According to
> <http://www.haskell.org/hierarchical-modules/libraries/reference-libraries.html>
> I'm supposed to ask here for bits of heirarchy.  I have no idea if this
> is still the procedure.  As far as I know nobody follows this procedure.
> But I could just be ignorant. :)
> I'd like Data.Colour for my colour package:
> <http://hackage.haskell.org/package/colour>
> I should point out that <http://hackage.haskell.org/package/AC-Colour>
> also used Data.Colour, so there is a conflict to be resolved here.

I think that if there is a package called "colour", then it should be
the one to provide Data.Colour.

I don't have any opinion on whether that should be your package, AC's
package, or neither (as I haven't really looked at either of them).
Maybe this should be decided by whatever process we end up with for
Haskell Platform inclusion?