Deciding on the decision model for adding and excluding packages

Don Stewart dons at
Mon Aug 3 13:38:11 EDT 2009

> I suggest the best way forward is to identify needs: we need a package
> that provides a certain functionality, so look at what is available and
> go from there.  If the available packages aren't suitable for one reason
> or another, then feed that back to the maintainers and the community.

I think this is good. We can start by looking at the categories provided
by Python:

And filling in the gaps.

Doing this may lead to some concrete proposed packages, which in turn
can force the process along.

-- Don