Failure to install time package

Simon Peyton-Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Thu Apr 16 05:32:57 EDT 2009

| Of course, had the time package not been rudely removed from ghc
| 6.10.2 this would not have been a problem.

I talked to Ian about this yesterday.  I agree it was rude to remove it in a patch-level release.

We hope that someone at this weekend's will put up a binary distribution of 'time' for GHC 6.10.2.  If they don't, we'll re-roll the 6.10.2 bundle (on Windows only) including time again, so that you can re-download.

We are trying hard to get out of the library distribution business, in favour of the Haskell Platform, for which there should be binary installers.  I very very very much hope that the HP is firmly online by the time we get to 6.12.

Simon