ANNOUNCE: protocol-buffers-0.2.9 for Haskell is ready

Lennart Kolmodin kolmodin at dtek.chalmers.se
Sun Sep 21 09:48:25 EDT 2008

Lennart Kolmodin wrote:
> Don Stewart wrote:
>> haskell:
>>> Hello one and all,
>>>
>>> Amid much rejoicing, my Haskell version of protocol-buffer is now
>>> released (version 0.2.9).
>>
>> Find it on Arch Linux,
>>
>>     http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=20080
>>
>> Go Go Go!
>
> Now also available in Gentoo Linux, along with the bundled lib
> protocol-buffers-descriptor and the tool hprotoc.
>
> Get it from the haskell overlay
>  * dev-haskell/protocol-buffers
>  * dev-haskell/protocol-buffers-descriptor
>  * dev-haskell/hprotoc

Also, sharing the same tarball for different libs and applications makes
automation of packaging slightly harder for us. This one I had to do
partly by hand.

Splitting the tarball into three packages would also allow users to
install them directly by using cabal-install.

I'd recommend it.

Cheers,
   Lennart K