cabal use questions

minh thu noteed at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 11:21:33 EDT 2008

Hi,

I've some questions related to Cabal.

The command "ghc-pkg list" reports two versions of
Cabal : 1.2.4.0 and 1.4.0.2.

How do I get rid of the first one ?

Also, I try to build a Cabal package of my own
but configuring it doen't work :

$ runhaskell Setup.lhs configure
Configuring ae-fast-0.1...
Setup.lhs: At least the following dependencies are missing:
GLUT -any, OpenGL -an

I have the OpenGL and GLUT packages (doing :m + them in ghci works).

I run the configure command in this directory :
$ ls
ae-fast.cabal  Graphics  LICENSE  Setup.lhs

$ cat ae-fast.cabal
name:                ae-fast
version:             0.1
Cabal-Version:       >= 1.2
synopsis:            Miscellaneous stuffs to easily try new ideas
category:            Graphics
license:             BSD3
license-file:        LICENSE
author:              Vo Minh Thu
maintainer:        Vo Minh Thu
build-type:          Simple

Library
  Build-Depends:       base, OpenGL, GLUT
  Exposed-Modules:     Graphics.AE.Fast.GLUT

What's wrong ?
Thank you,
Thu