Bugfix for QuickCheck 1.1.0.0

Jed Brown jed at 59A2.org
Tue Sep 2 05:14:06 EDT 2008

On Mon 2008-09-01 22:36, Patrick Perry wrote:
> Second, I'm not sure what you mean by a "simple" generator.  Let's
> consider Int instead of Double.   With the current version of variant,
> "coarbitrary 1" calls split one time, and "coarbitrary 1000" calls split
> 1000 times.  At the end of the day, though, all random number generators
> are equally "complex".  The only difference is that they have different
> seeds.

The idea with QC is that you start with `simple' random input and
progress to more `complicated' input.  If say, you are testing a
function that builds a list with length equal to the output of the
QC-generated function (Double->Int) (with positive precondition) you
could be building a huge list very early.  This wouldn't happen with
other types since `simple' QC-generated functions for, say, (Int->Int)
will map small integers to small integers.

Jed