Building haddock when accessing data files from package code

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at
Fri Nov 28 09:17:50 EST 2008

On Fri, 2008-11-28 at 11:59 +0000, Hugo Pacheco wrote:
> Hi all,
> When creating a cabal package that contains module that import
> Paths_<mybraryname> (as tutored
> in, haddock complains that it cannot find such module, since it is generated automatically by cabal:
> $ runhaskell Setup.lhs haddock
> Setup.lhs: can't find source for module Paths_GHood

> How do I tell haddock to ignore such module?
> Should this be handled in the Setup.lhs file? I am using the default
> Simple file.

The bug is that these auto-generated modules are not generated as part
of the haddock command. The workaround is to build first. The ticket is:

It should be a simple fix for a new Cabal hacker. Now is a good chance
to get involved! :-)