Proposal: overhaul System.Process

Frederik Eaton frederik at ofb.net
Sun May 25 19:27:32 EDT 2008

Hello,

I think it's great to improve System.Process, and the new interface looks
good... I just wanted to say that I found it quite easy to write my own
wrappers around those functions, which implement an interface that I find
easier to use, several years ago. The hardest part was not so much writing
the new interface, but updating it whenever the standard interface changed
and broke my code. So I'd like to cast my vote for backwards compatibility.
The standard libraries will never be perfect, but constantly deprecating and
removing functionality can really impair their usefulness for large
projects. I don't mean to be negative but I wanted to voice that concern.

Best wishes,

Frederik