[Haskell-cafe] ANN: unix-2.4.0.0 additional POSIX real time support

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Sat May 10 07:02:22 EDT 2008

Hello Ross,

Saturday, May 10, 2008, 2:51:19 PM, you wrote:

> It's a special case of a broader problem with non-maintainer uploads
> (i.e. releases), which cause exactly the same problems for other packages
> too.  If we had an agreed policy we could advertise and enforce it, but
> we don't.  I don't think that mechanized enforcement is the priority;
> having a policy is.

at least we should start with it :)

i propose that uploader of first version takes "ownership" of package
which may be transferred to other person. uploads of subsequent
versions can be made by "owner" or his "trusted persons"

password-protection mechanism i've proposed in previous message
partially enforces this policy, although with many caveats. i hope,
though, that it will be enough for current community size

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com