Specifying dependencies on Haskell code

Ian Lynagh igloo at earth.li
Sun May 4 12:20:54 EDT 2008

On Sat, May 03, 2008 at 11:30:44AM -0700, David Roundy wrote:
> On Sat, May 03, 2008 at 02:51:33PM +0100, Ian Lynagh wrote:
> >
> > According to http://peak.telecommunity.com/DevCenter/PythonEggs, with
> > python eggs you do things like
> >     from pkg_resources import require
> >     require("FooBar>=1.2")
>
> >From what I can tell, python eggs aren't a build system either, but rather
> a binary package format.

To install a trac plugin you download a tarball and do something like
    python setup.py bdist_egg
to create the .egg file, which you can then put in the appropriate
place. I think in general you can also do
    python setup.py install
to have it installed as a python library.

I know virtually nothing about eggs, and even less about gems, but I am
under the impression that they aim to solve the same problem as Cabal.

Thanks
Ian