GetOpt bug causing it to mistakenly reject options as ambiguous

Don Stewart dons at galois.com
Fri Mar 21 21:49:54 EDT 2008

haskell-libs:
> Eelis van der Weegen wrote:
> > There is a bug in System.Console.GetOpt causing
> > it to mistakenly reject options as ambiguous.
>
> Two weeks have passed since I reported this,
> with no response thus far. Does nobody care about
> fixing an easily reproducable, easily fixable
> bug?
>
> If so, would it not be more appropriate if the
> "Maintainer" field in the GetOpt Haddock docs
> said "N/A" instead of "libraries at haskell.org"?

The issue is that it needs to be entered into the bug tracker,
then the base libraries maintainer will take care of it.

Could you file a ticket, with your patch, here:

    http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Library_submissions

Then Igloo can apply it, and close the ticket. It won't get lost, and
authority will be properly delegated.

Thanks for the contribution!

-- Don