inotify bindings

Don Stewart dons at galois.com
Fri Mar 21 13:42:32 EDT 2008

agl:
> On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 12:19 AM, Duncan Coutts
> <duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk> wrote:
> >  Could you give us a comparison of the existing hinotify package and your
> >  new system-inotify package?
>
> Blink. Drat.
>
> I swear I  searched on Hackage yesterday for inotify and only saw the
> GrowlNotify package. I guess I mistyped.
>
> Sorry about that. Can you delete system-inotify from Hackage? Probably
> best not to have two, almost identical, packages.

Well, at least do a merge first :)

There's probably documentation, at a minimum, that can be salvaged.

This is a rather novel situation for the Haskell community -- we're now
to assume that a library has already been written, and is on hackage,
rather than assuming no one's done it yet :-)

Kudos to the Cabal and Hackage devs!

-- Don