[ANN] Memory mapped files for POSIX and Windows

Gracjan Polak gracjanpolak at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 06:23:25 EDT 2008

Don Stewart <dons <at> galois.com> writes:

> Can you talk about the relationship between these two packages?

I looked at your package very carefully and they are... different :)

I tried to provide common API for both POSIX and Windows, so it is the lowest
common denominator approach.

Your API is read-only, my provides both reading and writing to/from Ptrs or
ForeignPtrs. ByteStrings are layered on top of this.

My lazy version can mmap files larger than available address space, yours cannot.

Target audience is of course myself and few others that read files about 100MB
in size semi-randomly.

--
Gracjan