hscolour -anchor via cabal ?

Malcolm Wallace Malcolm.Wallace at cs.york.ac.uk
Mon Mar 3 04:59:10 EST 2008

"Conal Elliott" <conal at conal.net> wrote:

> Thanks for questioning my assumption.  hscolour is getting -anchor,
> after all.  It's somehow failing to make anchors some classes.

There was a bug in hscolour-1.8 whereby many top-level definitions
failed to get an anchor - it is fixed in 1.9.  If you have a
reproducible case where it still fails, please let me know.

However, there is also a more long-standing issue with class methods,
which never get an anchor.  This is primarily because they are tricky to
recognise, purely lexically, in a reliable way.  In any case, it is rare
for the source defn of a class method to contain any more information
than the generated haddock (because the method only has code if there is
a default defn, and in most cases, you can't navigate to the instance
code).

Regards,
    Malcolm