agreeing a policy for maintainers and hackageDB

Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho antti-juhani at
Tue Jun 24 03:30:39 EDT 2008

On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 10:51:43PM +0100, Duncan Coutts wrote:
> If a few more people could read this nice short policy and say "yes that
> looks fine, I agree" then that would be very helpful.

Yes, that looks fine, I agree :)

I would prefer that a missing Maintainer field were a bug in the
metadata instead of being semantically significant.  Otherwise there
would be no way of distinguishing between "I forgot to add my Maintainer
line" and "I am not supporting this".

Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho, Jyväskylä, Finland