Cabal-Install Update Problems

Jeff Wheeler jeff at
Sun Jul 27 21:45:56 EDT 2008

On Jul 26, 2008, at 12:25 AM, Jeff Wheeler wrote:

> That makes sense, but unfortunately I don't think I'm getting much
> useful information from the verbose version:
> Daedalus:Downloads jeff$ cabal update -v3
> Downloading package list from server
> ''
> Sending:
> 1.1
> Creating new connection to
> cabal: recv: resource vanished (Connection reset by peer)

I am still unable to figure out what is causing this issue, but while
experimenting, I found something interesting. Changing the request in
cabal-install to POST instead of GET causes it to work perfectly
(obviously, this is really ugly, and I know that), avoiding any

The example get.hs file from the HTTP library works fine (even with
the same file), so this is not a global problem with my network and
Haskell. :-/

Jeff Wheeler