#2309: containers: specialize functions that fail in a Monad to Maybe

Isaac Dupree isaacdupree at charter.net
Thu Jul 24 11:28:06 EDT 2008

Ross Paterson wrote:
> That's not consensus, but it is a substantial majority, and I think
> we've explored all the issues.  So I propose to make the change.

Well, what are the guidelines in this case?  Proposer's discretion?  If
a week has gone by and no one has commented further, I guess you should
commit the change (or ask someone who can, to do so).  At least, the
ticket shouldn't be closed until either (1) the patches have been
applied (and this stated), or (2) until it's explicitly (or clearly)
been dropped with no change made.  If the patches are different from
what you actually posted before, you might want to first post the actual
patches you're planning to apply.

-Isaac