Proposal: Extensible exceptions

Ian Lynagh igloo at earth.li
Sat Jul 12 09:41:54 EDT 2008

On Sat, Jul 12, 2008 at 09:21:56AM -0400, Isaac Dupree wrote:
> I wonder if
> /
> http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/ExplicitCallStack
> will affect exceptions (adding information to (some of) them?) in a way
> that we should consider it for this round of changing exceptions
> (probably just affects the information in the exception hierarchy somehow).

I think that is right. Exceptions made by things like error may just
have a [Location] or something in them. I think that to do it nicely
they will all need to be in a subhierarchy, with a class that has
getLocations and setLocations methods or something. I haven't thought
about this properly, though, so there may be a better way to do it.

Thanks
Ian