agreeing a policy for maintainers and hackageDB

Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH allbery at
Tue Jul 1 15:21:19 EDT 2008

On 2008 Jul 1, at 15:08, Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho wrote:

>> And we already have a situation where omissions are significant.
>> Consider the license: field. If a license isn't specified, it must,
>> legally, be AllRightsReserved. That's the law.
> A missing Cabal license field says "there is no information about
> license here", not "all rights reserved": thus, the field
> distinguishes

Sadly, the law disagrees.  If no license is specified, the license
*is* "All Rights Reserved". It doesn't matter what conventions we'd
like to apply.

brandon s. allbery [solaris,freebsd,perl,pugs,haskell] allbery at
system administrator [openafs,heimdal,too many hats] allbery at