Error accessing data files from package code in Cabal: Unkown symbol

Alfonso Acosta alfonso.acosta at
Tue Jul 1 15:10:21 EDT 2008

On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 1:26 PM, Don Stewart <dons at> wrote:
> Probably you've not listed the Paths_ForSyDe module in your module
> exports in the .cabal file?

Thanks, that was the problem.

Since Paths_pkgname is somehow a special module, I stupidly assumed
that cabal would take care of exporting it under the hood. I hope that
the directory where the Paths_pkgname is included (dist/build/autogen
) doesn't change in the future.

Either way, I think it would be a good idea to include a comment about
it in the Cabal documentation