Error accessing data files from package code in Cabal: Unkown symbol

Alfonso Acosta alfonso.acosta at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 14:19:55 EDT 2008

Hi!

I'm working on a library package called ForSyDe.

Following Cabal's documentation, I'm using the autogenerated
Paths_ForSyDe module in order to access the data files of my library
during execution.

After installation,  the Paths_ForSyDe import seems to be causing an
unknown-symbol error whenever I try to compile any code which makes
use of the ForSyDe library:

" unknown symbol `___stginit_ForSyDezm0zi1_PathszuForSyDe_' "

I'm not sure, but it seems that cabal doesn't properly link or install
the Paths_ForSyDe module (I tried to include it in the cabal
description file to no avail)

Any suggestions about how to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Fons

P.S: I'm using Cabal-1.2.3.0