agreeing a policy for maintainers and hackageDB

Philippa Cowderoy flippa at
Tue Jul 1 14:07:16 EDT 2008

On Tue, 1 Jul 2008, Gwern Branwen wrote:

> > non-maintainers shouldn't upload new versions of maintained packages
> > without written ;) maintainer permission. well, as far as maintainer
> > answers their letters
> And how would we handle the case where the package is fully maintained,
> but the maintainer hates Cabal & Hackage and would never give
> permission? Does the maintainer have eternal veto power over uploads?

To the extent it's legal to do so? Upload a package clearly marked as
unofficial, with the maintainer field blank.

flippa at

Sometimes you gotta fight fire with fire. Most
of the time you just get burnt worse though.