Proposal: Add concatMapM function (#2042)

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Wed Jan 30 05:53:26 EST 2008

On Tue, 2008-01-29 at 12:53 +0000, Conor McBride wrote:

> What's orthogonal to what, here? I'm trying
> to understand why the generalization is
> irrelevant (or merely unwelcome) to the
> discussion of whether or not the special case
> should be added to the library.

I think the point is that it'd be a bit inconsistent if the only
function in Control.Monad that was generalised to arbitrary Traversable,
Monoid etc was concatMapM. The point continues that if we do indeed want
to generalise all the functions in Data.List and/or Control.Monad then
that should be a separate proposal.

Duncan