Proposal: Add concatMapM function (#2042)

Don Stewart dons at
Tue Jan 29 13:17:49 EST 2008

> Add me to this list.
> "base" is not a convenience library,
> it should contain fundamentally important stuff.

I think the Prelude is our equivalent here.
base itself is fundamental stuff, plus what we use a lot.

> Cf. java.lang, which "Provides classes that are fundamental
> to the design of the Java programming language"
> The emphasis (I think) is on *design* of the *language*.

If the proposal is that nothing new be added to base, that needs
to be done separately. And a case made for why what we have
at the moment is fundamental, excluding all else.

Remember, this is not a discussion about whether things are to be
added to base -- we did that a year ago, and the library process is
the result.

-- Don