Proposal: Add concatMapM function (#2042)

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 11:17:44 EST 2008

Hello Ian,

> I don't have much of an opinion about the particular function being
> discussed, but I'm strongly against freezing the base library at this
> point.

reasons? when it should be freezed?

as an example look at ghc itself - it's full of #ifdefs and borrowed
libraries. is that organization is recommended haskell programming style?

from my POV, base is dead body. it was possible to continue to split
it into fragments while keeping backward compatibility and it was that
i mean when proposed to do it. but this was not implemented in 6.8

so, i propose to does one of two things, either
1) freeze base and make new libs by *copying* code from there
2) add to ghc ability to reexport functions from other libs and make
sure that new ghc will be compatible with old libs and vice versa

anyway, i'm against adding new functions to base - please use library
system with its versioning ability for this. why you want to inflate
the only ghc library that can't be upgraded? :(

btw, are you ever tried to compile old ghc versions with new ones - i
bet that it will have the same compilation problems as my program :)

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com