Quick Hackage question

Ross Paterson ross at soi.city.ac.uk
Fri Jan 25 21:44:42 EST 2008

On Mon, Jan 21, 2008 at 02:57:03PM -0800, Judah Jacobson wrote:
> Would it be possible to get better reporting of errors that prevent
> Haddock docs from being built?  Some packages without docs list a
> build log, but many others don't.

They should be up-to-date now, with an indication of success or failure
(and a log in the latter case, though in a different place on the page
from previously).  Note that only packages containing libraries are built.

> For example, the editline package was posted about 5-6 days ago, and
> still doesn't have haddock links (probably because libedit isn't
> installed on the hackage server).  It would be nice to see the build
> errors, if any, so that I could request for any missing libraries to
> be installed.

Your package failed to build, because editline.h is not in a subdirectory
on Debian systems (like the one used for the build).  You'd need to check
for plain editline.h too.  But then it fails the sign of read_history
test, presumably because it's an old version (1.12).