Quick Hackage question

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Mon Jan 21 19:53:04 EST 2008

On Mon, 2008-01-21 at 14:57 -0800, Judah Jacobson wrote:
> On Jan 21, 2008 2:29 PM, Thomas Schilling <nominolo at googlemail.com> wrote:
> > On Mon, 2008-01-21 at 21:09 +0000, Adrian Hey wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > Could someone explain why some packages in Hackage have links to the
> > > haddock for exposed modules and others don't?
> >
> > I think that's due to Haddock errors.
>
> Would it be possible to get better reporting of errors that prevent
> Haddock docs from being built?  Some packages without docs list a
> build log, but many others don't.

We're trying to do even better than that:
http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/hackage/ticket/184

You're most welcome to help out. There are several sub-tasks to this.

In the medium term, expecting the hackage server to be able to build
each package is unrealistic. It will never have all the system libs and
eventually will probably not have the cpu time to even build them all.
The solution is to have separate building and have hackage just report
the results.

Duncan