darcs patch: make Alex only occupy {alex, Alex, ALEX}* names (still assuming Prelude)

Isaac Dupree isaacdupree at charter.net
Thu Jan 17 18:12:19 EST 2008

Duncan Coutts wrote:
> I've had code break by changing -agc options to happy because it started
> importing Haskell98 modules and my package did not depend on the
> haskell98 package.

in that case, should we switch to importing the hierarchical names in
Happy/Alex-generated code, since everyone uses those these days?  I
could make a patch to do that too.

I wonder if the change I originally proposed should go through the
library submission process, which I'm not familiar enough with...
http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Library_submissions , okay, probably yes?

for alex, I can't figure out how to run the tests, as the Makefile in
alex/tests/ doesn't work (after all it was cabalized?).

Also the darcs alex/alex.cabal says version: 2.1.0, whereas
http://haskell.org/alex/ says the latest released version is 2.2 (not
even 2.2.0, and maybe we would say 2.2.0.0 these days!)

~Isaac