Proposal: Add concatMapM function (#2042)

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 14:25:39 EST 2008

Hello Twan,

> I have noticed that many projects include a 'concatMapM' function:

>    concatMapM :: (Monad m) => (a -> m [b]) -> [a] -> m [b]

> I think this is useful in general, so let's add it to Control.Monad.

the one thing that you miss - each time you add popular function to
the base library, all programs that include this function
becomes incompatible with next GHC version. i wonder whether anyone
here has the experience of writing large programs and maintaining them
through the years?

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com