PROPOSAL: Some more 'Applicative' combinators

Iavor Diatchki iavor.diatchki at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 01:54:01 EST 2008

Hello,

On Jan 6, 2008 9:20 PM, Bryan O'Sullivan <bos at serpentine.com> wrote:
> While applicative functors are good for this task, it would be a shame
> if the innocent reader of haddocks were to acquire the impression that
> parsing was all they were for.

:-) oh, come on!  I was just giving an example of what these
combinators may be used for.   They are not any more related to
parsing than say, 'many', 'some', or 'empty' and '(<|>)'---they
provide just a few  more useful control structures.

> Why not make the task specificity clearer, with a separate
> Control.Applicative.Parsing module?

Now _this_ would definitely suggest that they are only good for
parsing which would be misleading.

-Iavor