PROPOSAL: Some more 'Applicative' combinators

Iavor Diatchki iavor.diatchki at gmail.com
Sun Jan 6 21:11:39 EST 2008

Hello,
Sorry, I should have mentioned the origin of the combinators.  These
are (generalizations of) standard parser combinators, so think of "f
a" in the type as a parser that can construct values of type "a".
With this in mind, it should be more obvious what these combinators
are used for.   For example:
> p `sepBy` sep
is a parser that will return 0 or more occurances of 'p' separated by
'sep'.  Many (all?) parser combinator libraries provide these
functions, so having the generic 'Alternative' interface makes it
easier to write parser that can work with different libraries.
-Iavor