Exports of STM constructors.

Simon Peyton-Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Thu Feb 28 05:53:22 EST 2008

[Redirecting to libraries]

Your suggestion seems plausible to me:

-          export everything from GHC.Conc; import this only if you know what you are doing

-          export STM, TVar only abstractly from Control.Concurrent.STM; this is the interface for ordinary users

This sounds like a candidate for the standard library modification process, if someone wants to put it into action.
                http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Library_submissions

Simon