Pretty class as alternative for Show class

Johan Tibell johan.tibell at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 10:47:55 EST 2008

On Feb 13, 2008 2:15 PM, Henning Thielemann
<lemming at henning-thielemann.de> wrote:
> It seems like it was a good idea for me to ask. - What about uploading
> all three packages to Hackage (Johannes Waldmann's, Johan Tibell's and
> John Meacham's - the package idea seems to be related to the first name
> :-) and propose them as addition to the standard Show class? It would help
> people to convince no to abuse the Show class for pretty printing.

My Pretty class is exactly the same as the Show class (i.e. returns a
String). I just want two versions of the same thing. It's like
Python's repr and str. Both returns strings but with different
purposes. Relying on a pp library is often too heavyweight for my
needs.

-- Johan