Binary Trees missing on hackage

Andrew Wagner wagner.andrew at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 08:28:27 EST 2008

Hm, I've been thinking about this this morning as I've gone about my
commute. I could indeed imagine a class like the following that had multiple
implementations like you're talking about:
class Tree t where
  drawTree :: t String -> String
  flatten :: t a -> [a]
  etc. (see
http://www.haskell.org/ghc/docs/latest/html/libraries/containers/Data-Tree.html)<http://www.haskell.org/ghc/docs/latest/html/libraries/containers/Data-Tree.html>

I think that for this to be valuable, though, we would need to show that
there are functions which can take a generic Tree t and do something useful
with it. Still, I suspect there's something there. Maybe I'll take a stab at
it this week sometime.