Proposal: Reserved module namespace for packages on Hackage

Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH allbery at
Tue Aug 19 13:53:53 EDT 2008

On 2008 Aug 19, at 12:20, Iavor Diatchki wrote:
> I think that it is a much better idea to use the package name as the
> top-level module name space, as we have already put some effort in
> ensuring that these are more or less unique.

May I suggest the Alexandrian solution?  Module aliases.  "alias Foo-
package.Data.HashSet as Data.HashSet".

brandon s. allbery [solaris,freebsd,perl,pugs,haskell] allbery at
system administrator [openafs,heimdal,too many hats] allbery at