ANN: Initial release of Language.C (language-c-0.3)

Benedikt Huber benjovi at
Wed Aug 13 09:45:50 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I'm pleased to announce the first release of Language.C, a library for
analysing and generating C code.

This release features

    * A reasonably well tested parser handling and recording all of
C99 and most GNU extensions, most notably gcc's attribute syntax.

    * A pretty printer generating source code from the AST, covering
the same language subset as the parser.

    * A preview of the analysis framework, including functionality for
dissecting C's cruel type and variable declarations.

   * The project's homepage is located at
  (Getting Started, Bug Tracker)

   * The package is available via hackage (language-c-0.3)

   * darcs repo:

   * API docs:

The library originated from the C-related code in c2hs (
), and is the topic of my SoC project, mentored by Iavor Diatchki.
(Iavor, Don Steward and Duncan Coutts provided great support, thank you)

Feedback and suggestions in any form are most welcome, especially
because there is a large range of features which could be implemented.
The current status and a few ideas for the next releases are
summarized at

best regards,