cabal-install

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Mon Aug 11 08:17:17 EDT 2008

On Mon, 2008-08-11 at 13:54 +0200, Johannes Waldmann wrote:

> "cabal install foo" seems a nice (in fact, indispensible) idea,
> but I don't see how to do the following with *one* command,
> for package "foo" and all its dependencies:
> * download and build as user, but install as root

cabal install foo --global --root-cmd=sudo

That feature has not been heavily tested so let us know if you find any
problems.

> * also build and install haddockumentation for each of the packages

The current development version supports:

cabal install foo --enable-documentation

If you want any of these options on by default then you can (or will be
able to) set them in the ~/.cabal/config file.

Duncan