proposal: reimplement Data.Graph.Inductive.Query.Dominators

Don Stewart dons at
Mon Apr 21 18:35:44 EDT 2008

> Hi,
> (this is Trac ticket #2227,
> As pointed out at
> ff., Data.Graph.Inductive.Query.Dominators.dom is buggy. Furthermore,
> it's slow, so instead of submitting the quick fix from that thread,
> I've rewritten the module from scratch using a more efficient algorithm.
> The algorithm works by calculating the immediate dominators of the graph
> nodes first, so the patch also adds a function that returns those. It
> should be handy for flow graph analysis.
> Deadline for discussion ... is a week sufficient?
> That would be April 28th.

fgl is maintained by Martin Erwig, for these kind of non-core libraries
its easier/faster to submit the patch directly to the maintainer.

If the maintainer times out (possible here), we can declare it orphaned,
and its free game.

-- Don