Suitable new name for Dimensional library

Björn Buckwalter bjorn.buckwalter at
Fri Sep 28 16:29:12 EDT 2007

On 9/28/07, Isaac Dupree <isaacdupree at> wrote:

> >> I don't remember, is it possible for modules that import yours, to
> >> define arbitrary new units of their own?
> >
> > Yes, e.g. "nauticalMile = prefix 1.852 (kilo meter)".
> I mean a new dimension, like "prettyness" measured in "Emilys", for example.

Ah, yes. The 'Extensible' module makes it relatively easy to add a new
base dimension on top of the seven SI base dimensions. The 'CGS'
module demonstrates how to replace the SI with another system
altogether. Both of these should be considered experimental, however.