patch applied (packages/regex-base): Make setupscriptcompileagain after recent Cabal changes

Simon Peyton-Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Mon Sep 3 03:57:57 EDT 2007

| - Ross pointed out that packages can't simply re-export modules,
|     so the straightforward solution of a package without sources,
|     just with a .cabal file, seems barred for the moment (though i
|     don't understand why this restriction is there, so perhaps i am
|     asking for an extension?)

Yes this is undoubtedly a bug, in Cabal or GHC or (probably) both.  Of *course* a package should be able to re-export a module from another package, just as a module can re-export a function imported from another module.  I don't think there is any difficulty in principle; it just needs to be implemented.

Simon