Proposal: Add &&& and *** to Data.Tuple

Josef Svenningsson josef.svenningsson at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 13:51:16 EDT 2007

On 10/16/07, Ross Paterson <ross at soi.city.ac.uk> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 15, 2007 at 09:16:38PM +0200, Josef Svenningsson wrote:
> > Despite the fact that we don't have a consensus I interpret the
> > majority as a go for this patch.
>
> In general, I think it's important to try for consensus with the core
> libraries.  The discussion it requires is much more likely to explore
> the issues.  Voting should be the last resort.
That makes sense. What course of action do you suggest for this
proposal then? I tried to continue the discussion with those who were
against it in order to reach a consensus but I haven't gotten any
replies. We could of course just drop the proposal but that seems a
little unsatisfactory given the clear majority in favor.

So, any suggestions for how to proceed?

/Josef