Linking executables and the library of a Cabal package description

Ketil Malde ketil+haskell at ii.uib.no
Wed Oct 17 10:03:35 EDT 2007

ramsdell at mitre.org (John D. Ramsdell) writes:

>> To link with the lib, use a separate .cabal file that has an
>> executable.

> This is obviously not what one wants.  The executables and the library
> are conceptually part of the same unit of code.

But with different requirements (i.e. the executable depends on the
library, but clearly the library does not depend on itself).  I think
two cabal files is a good solution, how about using the name as a
parameter to Setup.hs?  E.g., "./Setup.hs configure foo" would prepare
to build using "foo.cabal"?

-k