Linking executables and the library of a Cabal package description

John D. Ramsdell ramsdell at mitre.org
Tue Oct 16 15:48:21 EDT 2007

Simon Marlow <simonmarhaskell at gmail.com> writes:

> Really we should fix or remove that feature, my vote would be to
> remove it.

Simon,

Thank you for your quick reply.  Whatever is done about this feature,
I urge a change be made in the documentation as soon as possible.
Section two of the Cabal documentation includes Example 3, an example
even more complex than the one I sent to the list.  It's prominent
position in the document suggested to me that this feature is well
tested, and that any problem I was having using it was, as they say,
user error.  I would not have spent so much time rereading the
document had I know what I do now.

For my application, it is natural to package it as a library and
several binaries built on top of the library, so I would like to see
this feature supported, but the description of it removed from the
documentation until it works.

John