Proposal: Add &&& and *** to Data.Tuple

Josef Svenningsson josef.svenningsson at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 15:16:38 EDT 2007

Lads and lasses of the libraries list,

The discussion deadline for the proposal of adding &&& and *** to
Data.Tuple is up. Here's a summary of the discussion:
* Twan van Laarhoven suggested that we should also add functions
corresponding to first and second in Control.Arrow. Benjamin Franksen
suggested the names onFst and onSnd. There were no objections against
this and I've created a new patch which contains these functions as
well.
* There is a majority for this patch but it's not overwhelming. Here
is the current count:
  In favour: Neil Mitchell, Don Steward, Twan van Laarhoven, Isaac
Dupree and myself
  Against: Ian Lynagh, Henrik Nilsson
* I responded to the objections against this patch but haven't gotten
any replies so I can't say we've reached a consensus on this one.

Despite the fact that we don't have a consensus I interpret the
majority as a go for this patch.

Cheers,

Josef