updateLookupWithKey bug? Was: Data.Map, Data.IntMap documentation (1611)

Iavor Diatchki iavor.diatchki at gmail.com
Sun Nov 25 21:09:45 EST 2007

Hello,

On Nov 21, 2007 7:34 PM, Andriy Palamarchuk <apa3a at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Thanks everybody for the comment.
>
> Because there was no consensus about how to resolve
> the problem I ended up leaving
> Data.IntMap.updateLookupWithKey implementation as is
> and adding a documentation that its behavior differs
> from Data.Map.updateLookupWithKey.
> Also, this is the least disruptive alternative.
>
> Andriy

I think that we should fix this: Data.IntMap should be a more
efficient implementation of Data.Map, for the special case when the
keys are Ints.  The methods should not behave differently.   No one
seemed to disagree with the behavior that Christian (and also I)
suggested, namely, to return the old value, so why don't we jsut make
both implementations do that?

-Iavor