META-PROPOSAL: Documentation should be required to say when exports were introduced

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Sat Nov 17 11:12:03 EST 2007

Hello Ian,

Saturday, November 17, 2007, 7:10:05 PM, you wrote:

>> may be we should construct a "Good Library" policy which includes reqs
>> to "well-behaved" or mat be "haskeller-fiendly" lib? in particular,
>> these rules should be required for any lib included in Haskell
>> Standard (as i proposed)

> Oh, right, when I wrote "Haskell libraries" I was thinking "all GHC
> bootlibs and all libraries covered by the library submissions
> procedure" (but it would be good if other libraries followed suit).

well, it was obvious after all. what i mean here is what you will do
after this proposal will be accepted? keep it as one more
well-known-nowhere-written rule? i propose to make wiki page with
rules for "standard libraries" which at this moment may be ones
supported by libraries@ community

these rules will include "submission procedure" and anything else we
agree by standard process

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com