System.FilePath.joinDrive problem

Seth Kurtzberg seth at cql.com
Sun Nov 4 14:15:14 EST 2007

The fact that the behavior (where a current directory is maintained) is
related to the command interpreter certainly changes things.  Command
interpreter programs are not insignificant (if you use cygwin, or something
similar), but logically if the win32 API behaves differently, then the win32
API behavior is (IMO) the properly expected behavior.

What is the behavior of programs compiled within cygwin?

Seth Kurtzberg
Software Engineer
Specializing in Security, Reliability, and the Hardware/Software Interface